Conference Case Study
Tillotts Pharma are a leading international pharmaceutical company, specialising in Gastrointestinal healthcare. With over 300 employees in the UK and across Europe, they license products in approximately 65 countries through affiliates and a network of partners.
Tillotts’ goal was to become market leaders in their sector. Jeremy Thorpe, UK MD, wanted his team to develop a razor sharp focus so they were ready for their ambitious re-launch. He wanted to embed their new business strategy throughout the whole organisation and ensure everyone knew what they need to do to help achieve it.
Will it Make the Boat Go Faster? helped Tillotts UK to create and embed their new challenging and motivating goal for the organisation. This included a new strategic vision, and building belief they could achieve it.
- Conducted diagnostic interviews with members of staff and plotting against averages, to highlight areas where great work was being done, but also areas where improvement were possible
- Facilitated the team to diagnose current and potential business challenges
- Uncovered the personal motivators for each team member and set the benchmark for success for the team
- Designed and facilitated a three-day team event for their annual meeting in France with a focus on; performance mindset, teamwork, collaboration and challenging assumptions
- Facilitated the team to define a set of clear, concrete goals, and the steps needed to make these happens
Following the Programme, these are the results which have been captured to date:
- The team had crystal clear clarity about the overarching ambition of the company and had the focus they needed to move the boat forward together
- The team developed their self-belief and became stronger team with improved levels of employee retention
- Individuals are challenging each other, by asking the question ‘Will it make the boat go faster? about everything they do
- Employees now worry less about the results and instead focus on the performance. This has resulted in Tillotts UK achieving their goal and become market leaders
The work done with Will It Make The Boat Go Faster? was remarkable and since the April Meet, the rate of growth has accelerated, which is undoubtedly attributable to this programme.