Crazy Goal Programme & Leadership Programme Case Study
Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) was set up by parliament to protect investors and savers when financial firms fail. Funded by the financial services industry, FSCS is a completely independent and free service that pays compensation to customers of failed financial institutions who can’t pay claims against them.
FCSS were an organisation who were performing well, but there was a desire to do more. They wanted to take their performance from good to great.
FSCS wanted to create a vision for the future direction of the business, improve the performance of their leadership population and get everyone within the organisation rowing together in the same direction.
- Will It Make The Boat Go Faster? Conducted in depth diagnostics and designed a bespoke leadership and team programme touching everyone within FSCS
- To begin the programme we facilitated a Crazy Goal Programme to help create and develop FSCS’s strategy for the 2020s.
- We worked closely with the FSCS leadership population, to help the team develop high performance habits and understand the contribution they need to make as leaders to drive their strategy forward and achieve their vision.
- Will It Make The Boat Go Faster are working with the entire organisation, all 14 teams to help make everyone feel connected to that strategy so everyone is on board to help them deliver it.
We have been thrilled to see that the high expectations that we set for the Programme have been met, and more! As follows:
- 11% increase in employee engagement over a single year.
- 81% of employees are excited about the future (vs 53% before the programme started).
- 95% of all employees believe that the FSCS makes a valuable contribution to the world in which we live.
- 85% percent of all employees individuals say they understand how I personally can make a contribution to the organization’s success.
- Customer satisfaction has increased from 59% to 83%
- Average claim length has been reduced by 100 days
- 35% of all claims processed within 5 days
- There is a general feeling of excitement and enthusiasm throughout the organisation about what they can achieve. FSCS feels like a different organisation than it did even two to three years ago.
- Now every individual in has a clear understanding of what it is that we’re trying to achieve
“We can say with absolute confidence that we are delivering the best ever performance we ever have. And I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that the work that we’ve done with Will, it has had a direct impact on our organisational performance.”